THE MEADOWS COURSE AT THE GREENBRIER
Golf Course Architects - Dick Wilson / Bob Cupp
6,660 yards/slope 129 to 4,979 yards/slope 114
Course Record - 64 (Guillermo Pereira, Jr. - 2009, Thadd Obecny II - 2012, Brendon Doyle - 2012)
SCORECARD & COURSE MAP (opens in new window)
Originally known as “Lakeside” a 9-hole course designed by Alexander H. Findlay opened for play in 1911. In 1923 Seth Raynor redesigned the course while was on property constructing The Greenbrier course. Years later in 1962 it was upgraded to an 18-hole design by Dick Wilson, who used dirt excavated during the construction of The Bunker
to expand the course.
The course underwent its final transition in 1999 when it was redesign by Bob Cupp and official renamed The Meadows. Most guests agree that The Meadows offers the best photographic opportunities of the three courses with its panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. The course shares a massive double green on the 18th hole with The Greenbrier course and is a true test of skill. Many regional and state championships are contested on it annually.
For more information about golf at The Greenbrier, please contact a member of our Golf Professional Staff
The Meadows Course will be closed for the remainder of the 2016 season while it undergoes course improvements. It is expected to reopen for play in the Spring/Summer of 2017.
Collared sport shirts, golf sweaters, shirts or blouses, slacks, walking shorts, Bermuda shorts and knickers. No denim.